- The A- and D-strings have a core made from a single filament of high-tensile steel and are wound with chrome steel. The G- and C-strings have a rope core wound with tungsten.
- The A- and D-strings offer great brilliance combined with a warm core sound. The transition from the D- to the G-string is smooth, whereas the G-string offers even more depth and a greater sound volume. The C-string has a powerful open sound, vibrates freely and offers enormous possibilities.
- The whole set offers great brilliance based on a warm core sound.
- These strings offer excellent responsiveness and control ability across the whole dynamic range, from pianissimo to fortissimo.
- The different design of the three gauges results in distinctive sound differences:
gauge soft - warmer sounding set than medium gauge
gauge strong - considerable volume and brighter sound than medium gauge
- exceptional tuning stability and immediate playability
- suitable also for electric or electrically-amplified cellos