Oliv Violin Strings (Pirastro)
- The sheep gut core of the Oliv strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- Musicians such as Ilya Gringolts use Oliv strings as they offer the possibility "to explore the remotest corners of sound".
- The sound is brilliant. Oliv strings offer the typical beautiful sound of gut strings.
- The tone is rich and complex.
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%.
- The silver D-string is richer in overtones and has easier response than the gold-aluminum which is included in the set.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh